MY FAVE ART SUPPLIES
Many of you know that I started teaching online art classes via ZOOM during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
My GROUP CLASSES meet Wednesday nights (via ZOOM) and run for a full month between 7-8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
During any month-long set of classes, we focus on trusting our intuition, trying new techniques and — most importantly — gathering together with like-minded people online for relaxation and play. Some of the things we might paint include characters, critters, squiggles, abstracts, florals, high inaccurate figures and wonky portraits.
While I like to encourage people to experiment with watercolor, acrylic and multimedia, all you *really* need to participate is an open mind — and a few basic supplies.
People frequently ask me about which supplies I like, so I’ve finally compiled a list of some of my faves.
- An assortment of pencils, some water activated; some not. (I like Faber-Castell Graphite Aquarelle for water activation.)
- Pentel Aqua brushes
- Watercolor set (I use Crayola’s 16-color pack.)
- Black Gelly Roll 08 pen
- Watercolor paper – 140 lb
- Colored pencils (I like Prismacolor Premier.)
- Assortment of paint pens. (I like Posca brand.)
- Assortment of tissue papers (or magazines or newspapers or old books to rip up)
- Gel Medium (& disposable sponge brush to use with it.)
- Acrylic paints. (I like this Liquitex assortment. Great for people who want every color!)
- Liquitex White GESSO
- Assortment of paint brushes (for acrylic)
- Palette for paint
If you’d like to join my Wednesday night ZOOM class, click HERE. Classes run September – May.
Sign up for September classes before August 15, 2021 and use the code RASJ10 to receive 10% off your first month of classes! Refer a friend and receive a free gift!
DISCLOSURE: I am part of the Amazon Affiliates Program, and I receive a few cents from every purchase made thru one of my links. I am grateful to you for clicking thru and helping me in this way!